Ransom Township was created in 1849 from Exeter and Newton townships and named in honor of Captain Samuel Ransom, who raised a company in 1777 for the defense of the Wyoming Valley and fell in the Wyoming Massacre of 1778. The township’s pioneer settler, John Gardner, was also Lackawanna Count’s first settler.
- Lowest Elevation: Susquehanna River, 514 ft.
- Highest Elevation: Bald Mountain, 2,240
- Population: 1,411 (2010 Projection)
- Median Age: 38.6 years
- Housing Units: 582
- Median Home Value: $118,800
- Median Family Income: $51,625
- Road System (State Et Local): 32.12 linear miles
- School District: Abington Heights