Ransom Township, Pennsylvania
TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY, JULY 5 IN OBSERVANCE OF THE FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY
THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS WILL MEET AT THE TOWNSHIP BUILDING ON JULY 5, 2021 BEGINNING AT 6:00
Welcome to the Official Website of Ransom Township in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania!!
Our township is located just minutes from the Scranton Metro Area giving you the country setting you’re seeking without the hassles of big city taxes, overpopulated class rooms and unnecessary traffic. You get the best off all worlds in Ransom, Township with your kids attending the county’s #1 rated school district.
If you’re looking for the perfect community to raise your family Ransom Township should be your pick. Police protection provided by South Abington Police Department and fire from the first class services of the Newton Ransom Volunteer Fire Department.
- Lowest Elevation: Susquehanna River, 514 ft.
- Highest Elevation: Bald Mountain, 2,240 ft.
- Population: 1,411 (2010 Projection)
- Median Age: 38.6 years
- Housing Units: 582
- Median Home Value: $118,800
- Median Family Income: $51,625
- Road System (State Et Local): 32.12 linear miles
- School District: Abington Heights
Looking For Hall To Rent?
We have two facilities for rent within the township, make sure you book the room before its gone.